Options

One Down, Two to go....

Nate--IRL--Nate--IRL-- Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed ROUTE this afternoon, and boy do you really have to know your stuff, I honestly didn't think I was gonna pass at the end, I had 15mins to spare, which I suppose it ok. Up popped the score - I stared in disbelief at a score of 965, has to be a mistake but I'll take it :) . I'm not confident about SWITCH at all, if this was meant to be the easier of the two.

The labs weren't too difficult in truth, but the time pressure magnifies their difficulty immensely. I used the FLG, OCG for study and Cisco Route lab manual, GNS3 Vault and GNS3 for labs.

I'll take a week off and start the road to Switch.

Finally I'd like to thank you all here, even though I don't post much I do lurk and I've learned a lot from other peoples intelligent questions, and their even more intelligent replies..

Nate

Comments

• Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! good luck on the next one...
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good work. What was the hardest points for you?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Nate--IRL--Nate--IRL-- Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Good work. What was the hardest points for you?

Detail, the concepts are deceptively easy - it is the detail that gets you and is what turns up in the exam. And I don't just mean detail in the concepts - it is details for implementation that you really need to know. Get hold of as many GNS3 labs as you can and lab like crazy. Know what all the show commands show too.

If I had to pick one area I didn't like it would be the VPN stuff, I really Liked BGP (probably because it was new to me) and the IPv6 was the easiest.
    Nate
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

Don't worry too much about SWITCH. A friend of mine found it much easier than ROUTE. I guess it depends a lot on your background. I am studying for SWITCH myself right now and I would expect ROUTE to be harder too.
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Congrats! You may find SWITCH easier - I am.

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP