Options

Network Performance Optimization Question

teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
Which of the following would be used to optimize network performance and increase bandwidth availability?
A. Packet analysis
B. QoS
C. Traffic Shaping
D. Fault Tolerance

The answer is C. Why wouldn't B also be a good answer?
If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D

Comments

• Options
    paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    Definition from Wiki:
    Traffic shaping is used to optimize or guarantee performance, improve latency, and/or increase usable bandwidth for some kinds of packets by delaying other kinds of packets that meet certain criteria. If a link becomes saturated to the point where there is a significant level of contention (either upstream or downstream) latency can rise substantially. As a result, traffic shaping can be used to prevent this from occurring and keep latency in check. Traffic shaping provides a means to control the volume of traffic being sent into a network in a specified period (bandwidth throttling), or the maximum rate at which the traffic is sent (rate limiting), or more complex criteria such as GCRA. This control can be accomplished in many ways and for many reasons; however traffic shaping is always achieved by delaying packets.

QoS is just a more specific form of Traffic shaping, so it doents really meet the requiments of the question.

On another note though I can't help but notice you've asked several questions in this exact format.

What are you using to study with? You keep referencing a question bank.
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • Options
    teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    On another note though I can't help but notice you've asked several questions in this exact format.

What are you using to study with? You keep referencing a question bank.
    I'm using two practice test banks: Total Seminars (Mike Meyers) and ****. I'm going through hundreds of questions and only posting here the ones that I'm unsure about.
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D