Options

Resume question concerning CISSP

WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
I passed my CISSP exam but am not endorsed yet, should I leave CISSP off my resume until I am endorsed? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Leave it off. You are not a CISSP. You are an Associate of ISC2. You can put that on the resume.
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I'd list it as "Associate of ISC2 for CISSP (Endorsement Pending)" if you're in the process of submitting the paperwork.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    loneferretloneferret Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd wait also.. no sense risking "something happening" and losing the cert & the hard work you've put into it.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    xenodamus wrote: »
    I'd list it as "Associate of ISC2 for CISSP (Endorsement Pending)" if you're in the process of submitting the paperwork.

That would be most correct concerning the resume listing. For the paranoid, just leave it off til you get your number. I am shocked with the number of "pseudo-CISSPs" I have meet this summer alone. All kinds of excuses ranging from: "I think I forgot to pay my dues a few years ago..."; "I just made up my experience..."; and on and on they go.

A day of reckoning will be coming for many of these folks.

- beads
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Actually badrottie posted yesterday the link which has the official designation that you should use when you aren't yet certified or at the associate level:
    From (ISC)2 standpoint, you are not a CISSP until your application has been reviewed and the designation granted. Once you have passed the examination, but before the CISSP has been awarded, you can legitimately use:Associate of (ISC)2 toward CISSP (cf. https://www.isc2.org/how-to-become-an-associate.aspx)

Again the official designation that you're allowed to use is Associate of (ISC)² toward CISSP which is great because you get to benefit from the CISSP title but your associate status is very clear. No bones about it on this one.