Advice on Lab setup

TehToGTehToG Member Posts: 194
I have currently got:

2 x Cisco 2950 -24 port
1 x Cisco 2610 (on the way)
1 x Cisco 2651XM (on the way)

I also have a small server running ESXi with 2 network cards. I have a number of Linux and Server 2008 (legit) instances which I'm planning to play about with.
I got one 2950 and used it to learn for my ICND1 and passed it. I've been trying to pick up some equipment on ebay as it appears cheaply. I just wanted to check if this makes sense. I'm planning to start training for ICND2 now when this lab is complete.

I plan to use the 2651xm to do my inter vlan routing and connect my home network to this lab network. I wanted to get another 2610/2611/2621 so i can use it with my 2610 for frame relay.

Does this sound like a reasonable setup for ICND2? And how will this equipment fair for moving to CCNP and beyond.

Comments

• elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    That sounds like it'll fare just fine for the ICND2. :) As far as the CCNP goes, I'm not sure about the router requirements but for the SWITCH the two 2950's will be nice to have, but you'll also want at least two layer 3 switches.
  • TehToGTehToG Member Posts: 194
    Thanks for the reply. I had planned to pick up a 3560 or two after I pass my CCNA. I'm taking a small break from cisco to train in Microsoft technologies and finishing my degree but having this networking environment is handy for that too.
  • elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    Well, whatever you move forward in, good luck. :D