Six (6) Weeks for endorsement check????? Does it really take that long??

JcastJcast Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Anyone out there have a shorter wait? Please tell me so!!!

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    The 4-6 weeks estimate is just that--an estimate. It depends on the information in your endorsement application and how long it takes to verify some of your claims. And there are a small percentage of endorsement apps that are given a more rigorous auditing, which takes longer to process. Oh, and the number of people on Summer vacation in the (ISC)2 offices is probably a factor too. ;)

What's yer hurry?
  • JcastJcast Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I'm hoping it's days not weeks. My hurry is that I'm applying to a position that requires a CISSP certification.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If memory serves the ISC2 took about two full weeks to turn mine around after submission.

- beads
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jcast wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm hoping it's days not weeks. My hurry is that I'm applying to a position that requires a CISSP certification.

It was mentioned in another thread that you can designate yourself as an associate of ISC2 so you can put that on your resume while you wait. It may not get past the HR robots, but as was stated in that thread, it's the ethical answer to your current question. As to your other question, it took 4 weeks and 3 days from the day I received the email from ISC2 that they had received my endorsement packet to be designated a CISSP.
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
    Thanks for the info. I guess I'll stop checking my inbox on an hourly basis.
  • nomadicallynomadically Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mine was 20 days. I don't know if it helped any, but my resume clearly showed which domain I worked in and for how long. I listed the relevent domain right before each of my positions in my work experience. Definitely made it easier for my endorser to read.
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    It took 4 or 5 weeks for me.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I sent mine in on 6/25/12 and I'm still waiting. I'm not really stressing about it like I was when I was waiting for exam results. It'll eventually go through so no reason to worry :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Took me a three weeks and a couple of days if memory serves
    kalkan999 wrote: »
    Thanks! I'm hoping you are correct and I have a similarly relatively short wait.
    kalkan999 wrote: »
    Hey, I was wonder where you had gotten to! I think that's the shortest post you've ever made. You must be having a good time! icon_jokercolor.gif
  • rahulprahulp Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I emailed my documents on June 14th and I am still waiting...
    Did you get an acknowledgement email from the (ISC)2 saying that they received your endorsement submission? Even if you did, you should email them to check how your certification is progressing.
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    rahulp wrote: »
    I emailed my documents on June 14th and I am still waiting...

I submitted July 12, got my acknowledgement July 13, and received cert on Aug 1.
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Depends on how busy endorsement is or isn't; How complicated your endorsement may be, etc. We've all been there. Mine took exactly two weeks back in the paper days. Suspect that with the advent of the CBT the endorsement process is probably moving more consistently than in the past where they'd be getting slammed after releasing results. Hard to guess as to how this may have changed until people report.

- beads