Options

Wha to do after CISSP examination ?

JanjuaJanjua Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I appeared in examination about 2 weeks before. I do not have idea, whether I will Pass?
What should I do in waiting period?
I have two options either wait for result or start CISSP preparation again. One thing I am doing for sure i:e continuously looking email after few minutes until I go to bed :)

Please give me some suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Two schools of thought on waiting for the exam results. First, if you think you passed, you didn't. Second, the CISSP is so draining that you probably aren't really ready to do much in the way of studying let alone retention of any measure. Lets break this down a bit. If you think you passed - you didn't. Personally, deep down inside I thought I passed and did but not to sound superstitious, didn't say anything either. If you truly don't think you couldn't possibly have passed, now is a good time to go back and slowly refresh without beating yourself up as you see "mistakes".

Second, going back to refresh. From personal experience all I can tell you is that I was "mush" the first couple of weeks. The preparation, stress and strain of all that prep work meant I wouldn't/couldn't retain anything anyway. Basically, I just resented looking at anything that even sounded like a security book, test or software. Your mileage may very (YMMV).

Best suggestion is to simply wait it out and see what comes in that Thursday morning then react accordingly. Til then don't beat yourself silly over it.

- beads