(practice exam) Boson, Transcender... what else???

mguymguy Member Posts: 167 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm looking for another software based simulation for the ICND2 exam. I already have Boson and Transcender and would like another one.

Can anyone recommend another software based practice exam simulator?

Thank you.

Comments

• mguymguy Member Posts: 167 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Im looking at uCertify. but the demo I think is kinda weak..

ANYONE?????????? I need more practice exams!
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The only practice exams I've ever used is the one that came with my book - Wendell Odom's ICND2 book. It's brilliant. I don't really want to pay $90 for a practice test when the actual test is $150, or if you can find a voucher, sometimes $75. If you're not ready, and by the looks of things, you aren't - I suggest you study some more.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

Am I correct by saying you can do the test what came with the book as many times as you like? Or is it limited to once.

I installed the software but didn't want to start the test in case you can only do it once.
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, you can retake it as many times as you want. There might be some limit to how many computers you can install it on, though.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
    oli356 wrote: »
    Am I correct by saying you can do the test what came with the book as many times as you like? Or is it limited to once.

I installed the software but didn't want to start the test in case you can only do it once.
    I can take mine as many times as I want and have only installed it on one computer. Though, I don't want to keep taking the practice test over and over in case I start to memorize the answer instead of fully understanding the question.
    CCNP R/S
  • oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    I heard measured up is ok never used, I used transcender for ICND2 and it pointed to my weak area's. Thought it was real good.
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
    Are the Odom questions on the software the same as the questions in the book?
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    The only practice exams I've ever used is the one that came with my book - Wendell Odom's ICND2 book. It's brilliant. I don't really want to pay $90 for a practice test when the actual test is $150, or if you can find a voucher, sometimes $75. If you're not ready, and by the looks of things, you aren't - I suggest you study some more.

Its a matter of economics.

I'd pay an amount that increases the probability of me passing the exam versus multiple times. Boson was supposedly the hardest, but it's not enough. The test makers have made sure that the most popular software had been rendered ineffective.

If I miss something, I study the **** out of it. I study at work and having questions in-between my tasks keeps me focused. I lab at home. But labbing needs theory to back it up, right?
    Yes, and the theory is reading.

It's up to you if you want to spend lots of money on practice tests. Personally I don't want to waste a bunch of money on silly things. If you're that worried about forking out the money for the test then you shouldn't be wasting your time/money on the practice questions.

I believe that the CD's that come with the Cisco books are sufficient enough to use to practice exam related questions. That's just me though. I know a lot of people on here are worried about passing to the point that they're buying all sorts of programs to study with. I think that if you invest enough time in reading, labbing and going over your notes you should be fine.
    CCNP R/S
    Read all you want, if you're not firing those neurons with challenging questions that information will be gone faster than you can flip a page.

Practice questions also exposes holes in your knowledge base -- specifically the amount of detail that must be known.

In terms of money, what's a few hundred dollars to acquire an accumulated future stream of higher income/opportunities once the exam is passed? Think of it as an investment not as costs.

Keep in mind that there is an equilibrium between reading, labbing, practice exams, and real world experience that is unique to an individual.
  • egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    In my opinion if you complete the Boson and Transcender practice questions with 95% each time consistently then you are ready to take the test. Those are the toughest practice exams in the industry. However, if you find that you are still missing them when you take the tests using different practice test engines won't really help. the best approach will be to study the heck out of those topics you are weak at. Remember, there are three categories.

1. In The Bag (those questions you get correct each time, even while sleeping)
    2. Pretty Good (those questions you get mostly correct, but miss some, maybe 7 times out of 10)
    3. Need Some Work (those questions that you are weak at and dont have an understanding of the concepts)

After the test when you see the report from Transcender or Boson the questions that fall into categories 2 and 3 are the ones you need to study till you get them to become category 1s.....then go take your test.. That simple. Also....

you might want to check out a video called "How To Pass the CCNA" by a Keith Barker. Great video. Hope it helps icon_smile.gif
    B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+
  • DarthVaderDarthVader Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've tried both Boson and Transgender for different exams.
    I think I like Boson a little more.

thats just me though