CCENT Exam

MydigieduMydigiedu Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

I just passed my CCENT (not by remembering exam ****) with 912 score by only reading the third edition of CCENT book published by Cisco.

If you read the book carefully and understand the concepts, it's piece of cake. if you are trying to just pass the exam using exam ****, you're not only wasting your time but make a fool of yourself when it comes to real world scenarios.

I do interview service desk analyst for my company, Unfortunately 80% of those who come to interview think having vendor certificate in resume is the whole story. So far, I've interviewed more than 20 certified CCNA or MCSE applicant and they couldn't even subnet an IP address for me. not even on a paper.

Be proud of your knowledge not certificate. Even a 5 years old girl can remember 200 300 question and pass an exam.

I spent enough time on Microsoft certification and recently started to feel a need to learn more about Cisco products. The quality of Cisco material and the way they examine a candidate is far better than Microsoft. in other hand, Symantec has the worst certification system & NO MATERIAL, yes no book for Symantec products, just admin companion. (Good Luck with that).

I wish all the best for all real IT professionals who add value to IT industry.

Cheers,
DiGi EDU

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!

You're right. There are people that are just in it for the letters by their name. Then there are some that try to get as many easy certifications as they can just so that they can look good.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!

You're right. There are people that are just in it for the letters by their name. Then there are some that try to get as many easy certifications as they can just so that they can look good.

^+1 True, but then there are some who don't have experience and wish to get into the field. Experiences beats certifications in every way, shape or form. But if you can't get experience working on say Cisco routers, then what do you do? Do nothing? I hope not. Certifications can provide the way in for some people. This is all not to say that people don't it just to stuff a resume. But some of us, myself included, study hard and try to retain and submerge ourselves in this stuff to give us a better chance. The biggest mistake we make is thinking that it's all gonna come easy. It's gonna take years to get where we want. A help desk here, NOC job here. We just have to be in it for the long haul.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP