Free online cisco Router Lab

hassantalal785hassantalal785 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Heloo .. can anyone plz tell some website that allow free access to thier cisco routers set in a lab through telnet . I know of a site but thaey only have switches ..... any one .....

Comments

• hassantalal785hassantalal785 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks dude .. a lot for helping me .. u know of any other site also which doest makes u book in advance and gives instant access ....
  • elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    You're not going to find a completely free resource for rack-time on your time. Not easily, at least. I'd suggest using GNS3 if you have no other means of router experience. I know that I recommend GNS3 a bunch, but it's for good reason. icon_wink.gif You just need to get a copy of IOS for the supported router models(1700,2600,2691,3600,3700 are ones that come to mind) to get it working. The software is free and on your own time. :)
  • hassantalal785hassantalal785 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    elderkai ... well surely i will do this .. thanks for it ... also advise me about using GNS3 or packet tracer .. i know the difference between them but i just think for exams purposes ..isnt limited environment of packet tracer much helpful for ICND1 ??
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    a lot of people pass icnd1 with just using packet tracer.
    All depends on you and what you prefer.

Me, as I don't work with cisco gear I prefer using hardware.
    But it is handy being able to fire up gsn3 or packet tracer to quickly try something.

Also why do you need instant access ? Surely its better to schedule regular sessions and do preparation/go oer materials etc between sessions ?
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    I don't think the limited environment of PT would be "better" for CCENT studies. I'd still prefer GNS3 over it because you can start observing how a real router reacts exactly and experiment/explore around the full IOS.

In PT, there are a lot of commands that you won't see when you refer to IOS help just to see what other possible options you could have. Do you need all of those options for the CCENT? Absolutely not. For me, however, that's a major part of the learning experience. Whichever you chose will work for the CCNA, I'm just telling you the reason I prefer GNS3. Good luck with studies regardless of your tool. :)

@alxx: You are right. It would be more organized to schedule your studies/lab time, but he said for free. Most of the free lab sites where you schedule time have really long waits because everyone wants to use them and schedules. I don't really think it'd be worth scheduling a month or two in advanced for CCENT studies.
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Heloo .. can anyone plz tell some website that allow free access to thier cisco routers set in a lab through telnet . I know of a site but thaey only have switches ..... any one .....

The person who run the packetlife blog runs a free Cisco lab, you can read about it here:

Community Lab - Packet Life
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    [QUOTE=elderkai;652679
    @alxx: You are right. It would be more organized to schedule your studies/lab time, but he said for free. Most of the free lab sites where you schedule time have really long waits because everyone wants to use them and schedules. I don't really think it'd be worth scheduling a month or two in advanced for CCENT studies.[/QUOTE]

freeccnaworkbook/stub labs when I used it a bit didn't have to many bookings and you can get bookings on packet life if you do them at least 2 to 3 weeks in advance.
    Its free so whats wrong with scheduling them a month or more in advance ? especially as its saving you money over buying lab time or buying a few routers and switches yourself. I think it would be very worthwhile.
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014