Outlook Reported Sending Reported Error ox8004060C

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
One of my co-workers is getting this error this morning. System is Win7 SP1 with Office 2003 SP3. Soon as Outlook starts, the error box pops up with the above referenced error.

PST file is 1.76gb, stored locally. He has managed to clean it up down to 1.5gb but still gets the error. I have tried the solutions found online:

Pack pst
Upgrade to latest SP (already done prior)
Switch to work offline, remove send files, switch back to online

He can send messages even though this error pops up, but cannot receive messages at all. Other than wiping everything out and starting fresh, anyone have another idea that will work?

Comments

• ram1101ram1101 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    recreate outlook profile
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Rebuild profile readd pst. Maybe have him split up the PST into two different ones.
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I would run the PST repair tool included with office to identify and fix any problems with the PST.
  • J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Agree with the above, run the PST repair tool. Also try compacting the PST, after removing large amounts of email that sometimes helps.
  • sophia1134sophia1134 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    These error messages indicate that your outlook PST file is damaged. Generally these problems are faced when the size of PST file approaches its maximum size limit. In order to fix this problem you can try outlook inbox repair tool. But it has certain limitations. It will help you only if header part of the PST file is corrupted. I had also faced this type of situation. In that situation i had also tried its inbox repair tool but it is worthless. Lastly i had tried Kernel for outlook pst repair software and it solved my all problem. So if your problem is not solved with this inbox repair tool then you can try any popular pst repair software to solve this issue. And some good advice for future use. Use attachment management tool to save attachment automatically in a ZIP file at the user-defined location in the computer’s hard disk or at network drive thus keeping the size of pst file to minimum and compact the pst file from time to time.
  • it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    Bokeh wrote: »
    One of my co-workers is getting this error this morning. System is Win7 SP1 with Office 2003 SP3. Soon as Outlook starts, the error box pops up with the above referenced error.

PST file is 1.76gb, stored locally. He has managed to clean it up down to 1.5gb but still gets the error. I have tried the solutions found online:

Pack pst
    Upgrade to latest SP (already done prior)
    Switch to work offline, remove send files, switch back to online

He can send messages even though this error pops up, but cannot receive messages at all. Other than wiping everything out and starting fresh, anyone have another idea that will work?

Update to Outlook 2007 or 2010.