ICND2 Passed, CCNA done!

mitch179mitch179 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Today I took the ICND2 exam and passed with an 888, while I guess that's not the best score in the world I'm so stoked that I've knocked this one over, there was a lot of content to study and this morning before the exam I was freaking out a bit due to the amount of things covered.

Materials I used was Odom's 3rd edition ICND2 book and Boson practice exams, I think these are worth it because they definitely show your weak areas and that lets you focus on studying what you don't know so well. I also have Lammle's CCNA book but I only read bits and pieces of that, the Odom book is pretty boring but very in depth which is good if you want to pass :)

For labbing I used GNS3 exclusively and messed around on a couple of 2950's I have here. I don't see any point in buying a bunch of equipment GNS3 is perfect for studying for CCNA IMO and it costs you nothing! Even more so if you work with Cisco stuff at work, there's no point getting physical gear because it's more than likely you've touched and racked it all up before.

All I can say is study pretty hard for this one! It's harder than I expected but having said that I read the book in about 2.5 weeks and did about another 2 weeks study, labbing and finally the practice exams!

This forum has been a great resource for me, the subnetting guide helped me SO much, I got 100% in the IP addressing portion of the exam, it's really not that hard once you know it and practice practice practice! You'll really need it for the exam.

Now on to my VCP5 and then next year some time I'll hopefully have the motivation to go for CCNP.

Best of luck to anyone going for this in the future, it's a great feeling to pass :D

Comments

• oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    Congratulations! :) what was the required pass rate?
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congrats for passing
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass! Don't worry about the score. That's a great score! Heck, I only passed with a 835 when I took ICND2 and I was studying for months. You're doing awesome! Keep going!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    a pass is a pass!! congrats!!
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Great job man! That's a pretty good score too, so don't sweat it. icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    way to go! good luck and keep up the hard work.

what direction do you think your heading next?
  • elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    That's exactly the same score that I got on mine. ._. Anyway, congratulations. ^.^
  • EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    congrats whats next?
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I wouldn't worry about the score; I'd worry more about showing you know the material in the real world. That's where it really counts. icon_wink.gif
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • mitch179mitch179 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone :)

Next up is VCP5, then next year or later in the year I think I'll start to tackle CCNP. I think ill need a break from study after the VCP!

My aim is to land a job where all I do is networking, currently I'm a systems admin for a medium sized company so I'm doing everything from servers and storage through to the networking side of things.