is MCITP retiring this early.

As i Understand that MCITP:SA and EA are retiring, so if someone is interested to take that path must write the exams before July 2013?

Is that right or wrong? (confused)

Comments

• pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The EA path will be gone completely but the SA path will still be available after July 2013, but will now be called MCSA:Windows Server 2008 instead.
    God deserves my best
  • TimskiTimski Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just saw this yesterday on the MS site, it's interesting they're retiring it so early considering 2012 isn't even released yet, not like the old MCSE path days.
    More tea Mr Bike?
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Right. I wonder how long HR will still ask for EA's even though it will be retired..
  • LTParisLTParis Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's interesting they went back to the old nomenclature of MCSA, I know many places that just had no clue about MCITP:SA/EA and you were technically better off having a MCSA/MCSE to get past a HR drone.

I foolishly have been putting off testing. I've been so consumed with work and personal life (raising 2 kids) that I have found little time to think about updating my certs. Now that I heard this is retiring, I wonder what I should do. It is very likely that many organizations will not adopt Sever 2012, or at least maintain the 2008 environments for quite some time. Hell I know some places that have 2003 and even a few traces of 2000!
  • halaakajanhalaakajan Member Posts: 167
    They still have MCSA:2008 according to the site and i have read it in this forum. :)