Options

PMP - Best Study Guide?

124»

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    QS good point

C|EH does pose needless risk if the position doesn't require that particular skillset.
  • Options
    QuantumstateQuantumstate Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Word. I now believe that when the MS recruiter told me that maybe I should have the CISSP, he was actually saying I should not have gone for the CEH instead.
  • Options
    Personally your BS and MBA alone should be good. Add the PMP and CSM in there and you are set. F the CEH, no offense, it just looks weird and doesn't align with your previous skillsets. (At least from my perspective)

MBA from SMU icon_thumright.gif

PMP, CEH, and CSM all junk compared. (Just saying ;) )
  • Options
    QuantumstateQuantumstate Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Worst thing though is the implications of (dis)trust that I think come from the CEH. I mean, for a recruiter with 30 applicants, it's a no-brainer to drop me.
  • Options
    Or like you mentioned in the other thread rename it. That name sounded less invasive.
  • Options
    fivestarsfivestars Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm starting this process with the guidance of a colleague who is already PMP certified. I've read this entire thread so I understand for PMBOK v4 the advice would have been to study Rita and Crowe. But what about PMBOK v5 which was released just this year? Are there significant changes that would warrant anyone recommending different material? I also notice that the Rita and Crowe materials are 2-4 years old now.
  • Options
    fivestarsfivestars Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I see that the test will switch over to the PMBOK 5th Edition on July 31, 2013. So if you're just now starting to think about this cert, you probably need to think about buying newer materials than what is mentioned in this thread.
  • Options
    sandy_$sandy_$ Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am in my PMP traning prog and will complete it by this sunday, but need to know which book and what other things i need to do pass this exam on first attempt.

currently having PMbok 5th edition and going to bring Rita's book do i need something else.
  • Options
    SiddsgSiddsg Banned Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There is no single study guide that suffices for preparing for the PMP exams.
    I used different resources:
    - Rita Mulcahy PMP book
    - Head first PMP guide
    - Andy Crowe' PMP Exam guide
    - Various resources and mock tests online

All the best!