Nvidia's new 7800 GTX GPU

johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
Something for my fellow bretheren in gaming to drool over bowing.gif

http://www.nvidia.com/page/specs_gf7800.html
Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p

Comments

• BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
    According to Hardocp, 1 7800 ~= 2 6800 in SLi. Pretty nice. Too bad I don't have $600 to waste. icon_lol.gif
  • qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    I use to play pc games a lot. I only made it up to a Radeon 9700 Pro before I thought this is completely useless (my opinion of course)

Consoles like XBOX, PS2, Gamecube lasts around 5 years. Brand new, you can pay about 500, and eventually around 150 near the last years of the consoles life. (This is canadian funds)

Graphics cards, you can pay up to 800 dollars and have the value cut right in half in six months.

Consoles have a lot of built in features aswell, like the next generation consoles will have bluetooth, hd-dvd support etc..

in other words, the numbers are nice but I really can't justifying buying good graphics cards anymore, the cost is just too much.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    I just cant bring myself to play a game on a console ever again. It just doesnt feel right. I have played them all, and I mean all, atari on up. You just cant beat the goodness of a PC game. Even a graphics card that cost the same amount as any console currently released will stomp on any console graphics wise. COurse, you need a decent rig to back it up as well. ANd they best thing about PC games, you beat, you mod it, you beat it, you mod it, etc ect, get much more replay value out of PC.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p