Options

can't decide between wgu foundations or 70-680..

Im thinking of taking one of these certs over the weekend just to knock out another cert off my wgu curriculum. Been studying for both for the past month or so but can't decide which to take. Im a bit worried about both because i don't want to take the chance and fail either since I'm tight for money..

icon_study.gificon_cry.gif
WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.

Comments

• Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Im thinking of taking one of these certs over the weekend just to knock out another cert off my wgu curriculum. Been studying for both for the past month or so but can't decide which to take. Im a bit worried about both because i don't want to take the chance and fail either since I'm tight for money..

icon_study.gificon_cry.gif

For what it's worth, you'd probably find Foundations easier, since you have a Network+. Read up a little on HTML if you decide to take it, and you should do OK.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you have been studying for a month you should be set for foundations. Haven't taken the other so I can't comment on it.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    +1 to foundations.

70-680 is more difficult than most think it will be. make sure you read up on it.
  • Options
    NoTime2BurnNoTime2Burn Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I do lots of in-depth stuff with OS's all day long, so for me 70-680 was not very difficult. If you are:

1. Good at memorizing useless facts to make Microsoft happy (e.g. this version of win7 needs this much disk space)

and

2. Already very familiar with installing windows 7 (not just casually, but using enterprise versions, and at least aware of unattended/scripted installs)

then it's not too bad. The professor messor videos are actually extremely helpful.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd go with Foundations. It's a mix of A+, Net+, Sec+ and some HTML v5 tossed in.