New AJSEC and JSEC courses are live

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
Hey everybody,

Just thought I'd drop a note and let everybody know that after many late nights by me, and other team members, the updated AJSEC and JSEC courses are live. If anybody has a chance to take them, I'd be very interested on any feedback you can provide.

Below are links to the updated courses in the learning portal.

JSEC
https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_activity_info.aspx?id=702

AJSEC
https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_activity_info.aspx?id=4286
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the updates (oh and the actual work itself, that's kinda important :) ).
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cool. What are some of the new topics added to the courses?
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    The most notable changes were to AJSEC which included:

- New AppSecure chapter and lab - AppID, AppFW, AppTrack, AppDoS, AppCos
    - More indepth info on transparent mode
    - Added LSYS coverage
    - More NAT coverage - Carrier grade NAT, NAT 64, NAT 46, DS-Lite DNS doctoring

JSEC was more about errata items and adding some stuff about global policy, manipulating flows, and added more HA stuff.

-Bender
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice! Those are good topics to add. I'll have to review the course material sometime soon. I've been hoping for some official LSYS content for a long time, and some more NAT will be handy. I'm curious about what you have in there for CGN.
  • JuniperGuyJuniperGuy Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Okay, just my 2 (maybe 4 cents)....Thanks for the hard work on the course info, but after being lucky enough to take a couple of theses classes on Junipers dime, it really just seems like I'm paying an aweful lot for a guy to read my a slide deck.....

I'm thinking I'll probably just purchase these new books and lab guides (if I can't get my Juniper sales guy to throw them to me free ;))

Anywho, material is great, but classes are a bit overpriced IMHO
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Thanks everyone, it definitely makes me feel good to hear that people out there appreciate my work. :)

JuniperGuy, I can understand what you're staying if you get an instructor who doesn't know the material all that well. That being said, I've sat a few classes that the instructors were very knowledgeable, and I was able to ask quiet a few questions that really helped my understanding. The option wouldn't have been there if I were just reading the courseware on my own. Plus, most people don't have access to gear that they can just play around on and lab it up, attending the class provides this for them.

-Bender