Options

Fake resumes

GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
Just for the curiosity, Is that normal that there are too many exaggerated resumes ? I have seen some of my friends' !! resumes at the linkedin. Oh my GOD! these guys know everything. I know those people very well and they even don't have % 1 of the skills they have mentioned. A guy even doesn't know how to declare a variable is a master at almost any language on his resume !

Other one expert about almost everything starting from asterisk infrastructure to programming.
I am just curious, is it true just for my friends or have you seen a similar situation ? Or should i add couple of skills to my resume too? :P

consequently, I hate and hatee when i see a such situation!

Comments

• Options
    NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□

I dont think you should do that... Just put in there what you know... This is why my manager put a test and ask questions to the new people that he is interviwing to detect this kind of noobs trying selll something they are not....
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    GOZCU, it's not really a big deal, from a hiring perspective.

The vast majority of resumes that I deemed worthy of an interview were roughly accurate. Gross exaggerations and lies can be identified in a 10-15 minute phone interview, and more moderate ones can be determined in an in-person interview. I've always required things like degrees, certifications, and/or experience. Those tend to be less-fabricated than self-evaluations.
    A guy even doesn't know how to declare a variable is a master at almost any language on his resume!
    Ahh. Well, that is a waste of his time and employment opportunities. So?
    consequently, I hate and hatee when i see a such situation!
    If you're a good friend, suggest a change, if not, leave him to learn his lessons through hard knocks. Try not to worry about what others are doing. Worry about what you are doing!
    should i add couple of skills to my resume too? :P
    Probably not. The consequences of lies on your resume that are discovered during an interview--and claiming to be a master of a language you can't declare a variable in would qualify--are wasted time and potentially being added to the no-hire blacklist. Such gross lies will certainly be detected by any semi-competent employer who cares about your programming skills, and even many who don't.
  • Options
    I dont think you should do that... Just put in there what you know... This is why my manager put a test and ask questions to the new people that he is interviwing to detect this kind of noobs trying selll something they are not....

I never do it don't worry ;) that's why i am telling it here.
  • Options
    GOZCU, it's not really a big deal, from a hiring perspective. ...

Hey, I totally agree with you. My only question was, is it a coincidence or you know some people around there too ?

1- I totally accept that whatever you write to your resume, your knowledge will be tested during the interview

2- I prefer to die instead having a resume full of lies

3- What those people are thinking while writing these things down on paper ?
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My only question was, is it a coincidence or you know some people around there too ?

Oh! Well, of the colleagues and friends whose resumes I've seen, all of them are honest except one. And it's a shame, because that silliness on their is partly why they can't earn what the rest of us do. I did have one past acquaintance who claimed to have certifications that he didn't and got away with it. The secret was, he only made such claims in areas where he had experience, and where he knew he could earn the paper within a week of study or so if he got a job where they really wanted it.
  • Options
    The secret was, he only made such claims in areas where he had experience, and where he knew he could earn the paper within a week of study or so if he got a job where they really wanted it.

I am speechless..