Options

Job Anxiety

Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello TE!

Have anyone have every felt a sense of anxiety when starting or going back into the IT field? I have about 10 months in IT experience as a DST and currently studying Cisco at the moment but I feel a sense of worry on how I will fare out?

Comments

• Options
    tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dont panic.....It will all come flooding back to you
  • Options
    m3zillam3zilla Member Posts: 172
    I feel that way on my 1st day at every job!
  • Options
    HLRSHLRS Banned Posts: 142
    I think same , when I can;t trouble shoot stuff
  • Options
    yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Relax, keep your mind cool, work hard, study something new and challenging, dig deep into that topic, this might give u some confidence.
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    That is kind of the fun part about this job, there is the guessing came trying to constantly figure out new variables. Don't let it get to you, if you can't ignore those fears then IT isnt the right field.
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Turn that fear into productivity. A certain amount of fear is healthy. It can drive success just as much as ambition. If you find yourself being complacent and not afraid of anything, then start worrying. It means you are in your comfort zone and not being pushed to learn something, challenge yourself, etc. These are all key to advancing your career, at least in my opinion. Good luck!!
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    its only first day nerves. once you get through that first day im sure the nerves will go away
  • Options
    But what about explaining concepts to people who aren't IT savvy? I have very poor communication skills due to my emotions.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Do you mean you fly into a rage and scratch and spit at people when they ask you something dumb?

Kidding, how can you have poor comm skills due to your emotions?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    Do you mean you fly into a rage and scratch and spit at people when they ask you something dumb?

Kidding, how can you have poor comm skills due to your emotions?

When I speak to people I sound angry and annoyed without realizing it. This is also due to having an anger management issue.
  • Options
    jamesbrownjamesbrown Member Posts: 216
    Turn that fear into productivity. A certain amount of fear is healthy. It can drive success just as much as ambition. If you find yourself being complacent and not afraid of anything, then start worrying. It means you are in your comfort zone and not being pushed to learn something, challenge yourself, etc. These are all key to advancing your career, at least in my opinion. Good luck!!

I started my new job 6 months ago, and i wasn't even scared of anything. You are right, guess what I'm looking for something challenging now.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Alhaji265 wrote: »
    When I speak to people I sound angry and annoyed without realizing it. This is also due to having an anger management issue.
    Then perhaps in addition to studying Cisco, you should take some anger management classes. A bad attitude will get you into trouble with customers quicker than slow troubleshooting skills. ;)