Options

ICDN1 Pass (Question about bug)

mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
Hello all~

Been lurking on the forum for a while~ this place gets you excited about going out, taking a test, and getting certifications! =p

Anyway, passed my first exam ever in this world yesterday.

CCENT (ICND1) 987/1000

How I prepared:

- Watched: CBT Nuggets ICND1 videos with Jeremy Ciora (at the same time as below)
- Watched: Trainsignal ICND1 videos with Chris Bryant (both at the same time)
- Read: CCENT for Dummies
- Read: EXAMCRAM CCENT
- Lab: homelab
- Lab: Cisco Packet Tracer

my Tiny homelab:

- 1721 32F (for SDM)
- 2950-24

Thoughts:

Just in my humble opinion thoughts~

I think Jeremy Ciora definitely hypes you up for networking. He makes the prospect of going into the IT/Networking field sound so cool and basically seemed to have fun recording those videos. Chris Bryant is the more level headed one and I really enjoyed the structure of his classes. I'd say, Ciora delves a bit more into configuration while Bryant likes to hammer home foundation knowledge. It's a good balance to have them both =D

CCENT for dummies is like = = the no brain test prep book... i'm a bit ashamed I had to rely on this. lol~ i guess I am a dummy. EXAMCRAM covers more material than the CCENT. It goes a bit into CCNA. So... i was getting like 85% on their mock exams and was a bit worried. cuz 85% +/- 5% might just leave me below 804/1000 score needed to pass.

I started off really hyped up due to Ciora's videos so I got the 2514/2611/2950-24 all at once cuz the online auction title said (CCNA Lab) so I thought, "Oh! so this guy must have used this equipment to study, if I get it off him then I won't go wrong!" hmm... not quite. For example, some of the cisco IOS didn't have encryption, so i had to use aaa new-model instead, and they didn't support SDM. I got the 1721 for SDM and I quite like it. It's small, doesn't make a howling noise, =p and seems to be more powerful than the 2500/2600 hehe. (i dunno really, guessing, i'm a newbie remember?)

Anyway,

That's all from me about CCENT, it was a neat experience. Now, onto CCNA!

Cheers all!
-Mike

[Edit] adding some pics

Some pictures from my local exam partner place.

7587821328_f93018197e_z.jpg
Apart from exam proctoring and administration, this place also offers classes and training, so this is their lounge.
Pouring mad that day, getting nervous waiting for exam time =p

7587821976_3b1899dcc9_z.jpg
After passing, took a pic of their racks to commemorate =D The individual exam rooms are through that door you see further down the hall. Prometric, PearsonVUE, etc.

The lounge in previous pics is also further down this hall to the left, and classrooms to the right. =p
Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
Future: CCNP, CCIE

Comments