Options

questions to think about for which grad program

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
I'm going to graduate in December with a BS: Network Security. I'm trying to decide to apply for the MSIA program at Davenport University or to apply for the MSISA program at WGU. I would like to continue at DU but I feel that the program at WGU will be better for me. I've looked at the course listing for both programs and it's difficult to choose. So what questions should I be asking to help me try to figure out what university I should apply for?

These are a few things that I've thought about...

I've already thought about the cost and WGU is cheaper. But I'm not sure if I can retake the classes for free at DU.
The courses seem to be the same for the most part but DU has a few more classes.
It seems that I can take as many classes that I can in the six month term at WGU.
DU doesn't do certifications as a requirement for the classes.
I have to take prereq classes at DU even though I have the winter semester free for classes.

I can't really think of anything else.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    I'm not sure about Davenport, but I can give you some feedback on the MSISA program at WGU. So far I'm enjoying it, a few frustrations but overall not bad. I went with it because of the certs (in the military side of things CEH is a big one, not sure about the public sector), the flexibility (end of August I'll be gone for 2 weeks, it won't affect my studies at all), and the speed. Since I've already done a lot of this stuff at some level I haven't had to waste time in classes that I already know. I can just do the projects, prove competency, and move on. Cost was a minor factor for me, but my company is paying so it wasn't a big issue.
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013