Options

Average starting salary of a CCIE with a masters in EE

abdul 17717abdul 17717 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
guys what is the average starting salary of a CCIE that holds a Master's in EE (Communications) and wants to work in communications?

Comments

• Options
    DigitalZeroOneDigitalZeroOne Member Posts: 234 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I know that people will always ask what the average salary is for some type of job, but it's really best to just search the job sites and see if they have salaries listed. With all the variables involved it's difficult for anyone to really give a good answer. I would search indeed, dice, monster, etc.
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Would a CCIE even be beneficial in communications?
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    too many factors to consider. How much experience? Job type and so on.

For a masters you should be looking at a pure engineering role where you can design OSPF, work on the new Juniper router design or something. If you want to work a normal network engineering job your salary will be in line with those and you would be way over educated for the position.

I for one wouldnt' even bother looking at your degree or and it wouldn't even come into decision making process. The CCIE would get you a phone call and a tech screen. How you act around the team determines if you get the job. Your salary would be based on the range of the position and your ants.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Are you already a CCIE? I remember you asked the same question about CCNP...
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Quite an absurd question, why would a CCIE work in Communications and why would someone in Communications bust their chops to be a CCIE??

Would a radar engineer or a satellite technician get themselves a CCIE: R&S? I guess not, rather I hope not.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Uh, I don't think that the premise of the question is right... the "starting salary"? Someone with a CCIE is very unlikely to be "starting out" anywhere.

It all depends on the job market in a location. CCIEs can make north of $100K USD in many instances, but there have been some instances where it has started to slide south of there.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,566 Mod
    I don't think someone who actually passed CCIE would ask such question. First, it is not practically possible to finish Masters in EE and then study and pass a CCIE then "start" looking for a job in "communication". You need CCNA, CCNP, experience, and more studying to pass the CCIE (and by then you would have an idea about the networking market).

CCIE is not a qualification to pass like the masters in EE, it is something else.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I thought I'd already replied to this. CCIE & starting out is an oxymoron.

We told you your CCNP with no experience is silly. A CCIE with no experience is even sillier.
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Perhaps CP is confusing communications with telecommunications/voice?