Options

MCITP : SA - Which exam to start with?

sharpy56sharpy56 Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I was just wondering if these exams are in the order that they appear on the Microsoft Learning website for a reason or should are they OK to tackle in any order?

Also is there any one that has completed this and knows a little about what is covered in each exam?

Regards,
Daniel

Comments

• Options
    pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    No Brainer, start with 640 go to 642 then the whopper 646. You can take any route you want, no compunctions regarding the order as long as you clear all 3.
    640 is Active Directory, DNS etc
    642 Deals with Network related MS Infrastructure
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Options
    piraderpirader Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sharpy56 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I was just wondering if these exams are in the order that they appear on the Microsoft Learning website for a reason or should are they OK to tackle in any order?

Also is there any one that has completed this and knows a little about what is covered in each exam?

Regards,
    Daniel

I've just started going down the same path as you, and i must say go with 640 first.
  • Options
    Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You can take exams in any order, many have posted to be easier to do the 642 first, then 640 as they overlap in information. you definitely want to leave the 646 last.
    It all depends on your personal experience and practice with Microsoft tests/environments.
    If you're experienced in Active Directory deployment the 640 would be a good choice to start with, if you're more experienced with networking infrastructure, start with the 642.
    In either case make sure you do a lot of Lab practice on 2008 R2 for either exam.

Best of lucks.

PS: there are many threads on similar questions and experiences that others have had with the MCITP:SA path. do a quick search and it may get you the answers you're after :)