Options

who has their MCITP: Enterprise Administrator here? advice?

I think i want to step up into the intermediate stuff now. How hard is this certification? since I have a few months before WGU start I wanted to knock out some MCTS certifications ahead of time and not the ones under WGU curriculum..
WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.

Comments

• Options
    HLRSHLRS Banned Posts: 142
    well its tricky, to get MCITP: EA , you need to pass 70-680 and 686. I have MCITP:EDST though
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Actually, you'll need to pass 70-680, 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, and 70-647 for MCITP: Enterprise Administrator. The exams are tough, and if you've never worked with Windows Server 2008 R2 in a production environment you will probably need at least two or three months of studying, (if you're giving yourself a couple of hours per day,) for each test.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    You'll want to start practicing labs immediately. Get as much hands on experience as you can. I would recommend reading through the TechNet documentation and also checking out what reading material your local library has. But the key is definitely the hands on experience.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Actually, you'll need to pass 70-680, 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, and 70-647 for MCITP: Enterprise Administrator. The exams are tough, and if you've never worked with Windows Server 2008 R2 in a production environment you will probably need at least two or three months of studying, (if you're giving yourself a couple of hours per day,) for each test.

I work with windows 2008 every day and i even took a one day virtualization boot camp from tech net. I have some experience with windows 2008 server. Either way i have to take these tests either thru WGU or on my own..
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    For your labbing, make sure you are using Server 2008 R2 as the exams cover that. I've found that labbing is the single best aid to taking / passing these exams. I'd start studying for the exams you need at WGU now. Time at WGU has a way of going fast and the school's policies can slow you down some.
  • Options
    gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289

thanks im going to make test servers at work to study from....

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Then it sounds like you're in good shape. Good luck, and hopefully you'll knock out a few before school starts. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.