Anyone familiar with RHIT

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
For a while we had quite a few people looking to get into HIMSS. I noticed this certification the other day and can't help wondering if this is more of a legitimate certification than the CompTIA health care HIT.

Thoughts? I by no means want to get this, but figured I would post it for discussion. It seems that on LinkedIN several veteran HIMSS analyst have this certification.

Just wanted to uncover some of the knowledge I discovered.

Cheers

Comments

• jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    The one person that is RHIT at my facility is more of a medical record, health information services person. They do a lot of coding and auditing of patient charts for accuracy. That is all I really know of it and at other facilities it could be totally different.
    WGU grad
  • someasiandudesomeasiandude Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think u need to get a 2year degree from a CAHIMM credited school to be able to sit for the RHIT exam.. i was gonna enroll for a 2 year degree in HIT in our local CC but they werent CAHIMM credited..
    A.S. - Computer Networking Student (Spring 2014)

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ahhhh thanks for the updates
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can get some specific info for you tomorrow at work, N2IT. But, from what I have seen, most of our Medical Records staff has had this certification.