Options

Just scheduled 98-366 and 98-349

Hey everyone I just scheduled my first IT exams. I'm taking the 98-366 and 98-349. I've only purchased 1 voucher so far because I wanted to make sure everything went through alright. They do send the vouchers from Certiport via email right?

Anyways, for the 98-366 I've just read Mike Meyer's Network+ book. I was originally going to take that exam first but I don't have enough money for it and my CompTIA testing center is booked through October.... icon_sad.gif But anyway, from what I've read that book should be enough. Anything else I should look over? Any other tips?

Also, for the 98-349 I am reading the Sybex OS Fundamentals book although it is boring me out of my mind :). Anything else I should look over for that one? Also any tips for that exam?

Comments

• Options
    gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    what certs do you already have? if you have any IT experience they are fairly easy exams to pass. THey are really common sense questions.
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
    Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.
  • Options
    taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    These will be my first IT certs but I've got about 7 years of experience and I currently work in Desktop/Network support.
  • Options
    gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    I would suggest you schedule the network, security and os fundamentals all at the same time. You should pass them with no problem.
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
    Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.
  • Options
    paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    I second that. :)
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • Options
    taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    Do you know where I can find some free practice tests for these? Especially the Security fundamentals. I haven't even looked over that book yet and I'm not sure what kinds of things would be on the exam.
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Good luck!
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you get a Microsoft cert if you pass? booked via prometric or peason vue i presume?
    would it count towards a bigger microsoft cert?
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    You do get a Microsoft cert, As far as I can tell they don't count towards anything though (that could always change in the future).
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • Options
    cowboy.jonescowboy.jones Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I see folks saying that these are so easy but then I also see sample questions that don't seem as easy as everyone says....granted you never know about test questions...for ex uCertify seems to not be great. Can anyone shed light of an example question without sharing any real questions?