Options

Am I ready for this exam?

xdilemmaxdilemma Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I've been studying for the 70-680 on and off for about 4 months now. My study resources include poulton's book, the offical microsoft MCTS self-paced book (read up to ch. 8 BranchCache) , cbt nuggets and professar messar videos. I do every lab and feel pretty confident. Do you guys think I am ready for this exam? I am kinda nervous at the same time because I read alot of people fail the exam the first time around.

Comments

• Options
    pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    Why dont you get some test questions and do them, will help you decide if you are ready. If you cant find any test questions try MS Webpage, if you register they will send you some questions to practice.
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Poke around and get some good test questions and practice them. That should give you some what of a gauge.

Good luck, that's a great certification to have.
  • Options
    embraceITembraceIT Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do I know that feeling! Confident that I've studied well; unsure of myself because of what I've read on the various forums. You're going to have to go for it and see what the outcome is.

If you find yourself guessing too much, write down keywords on the scratch pads you've been given at the testing site. If you don't pass, try to quickly memorize what you've written down, then write it down as soon as you leave the testing center. The testing site will give you a hardcopy analysis of your relative standing in each of the test objectives. Your notetaking will help you deduce exactly what you were the weakest in.

Go for it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the confidence boost guys. I will do the pratice tests mentioned and I will take the exam in two weeks :).
  • Options
    Christobevii3Christobevii3 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Read the branch cache section!
  • Options
    HLRSHLRS Banned Posts: 142
  • Options
    After procrastinating for another month I finally took the test and passed with a score of 820. It turned out the test was harder then I anticipated. Thanks for all the support guys! :)
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and nice score. So what's next.
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    Congrats on your pass! icon_cheers.gif

Any advice for those/us/me/I who are going to PASS/fail the exam?
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    My next exam would probably be the 70-686. For all the you future test takers just keep watching those videos they help. After watching messer videos , I watched the whole ITtraining vids on youtube as well.
  • Options
    aj6065aj6065 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    xdilemma wrote: »
    My next exam would probably be the 70-686. For all the you future test takers just keep watching those videos they help. After watching messer videos , I watched the whole ITtraining vids on youtube as well.

Congrats on the pass and nice score!!! I recently passed the 70-680 and am also going to take the 70-686 next (sooner rather than later, only because I don't want to miss this new Double Shot offer Microsoft is offering). The only thing I'm worried about is that there's not nearly the same amount of study material for the 70-685 and 70-686 tests as there is for the 70-680. But at least with this Double Shot offer, I can take the test to see what kind of stuff will be on it, and then take it again for free and hopefully pass it that time.

I never watched the ITtraining videos when studying for the 70-680 myself. Not sure why, I guess I forgot about them. I did watch a combination of the Professor Messer and the CBT Nuggets videos, and I think they helped a lot. And getting very familiar with the command line programs is also something I recommend to people looking to take the test. This includes all the optional switches. Get Darril Gibson's Portable Command Guide book.