Options

Where do I start?

I took a job that required a clearance back in August of 2010 as a Solaris System Administrator. I had thought about certifications for years, but once I got in the door, I was told I had to have them. So it started with Security+, then Oracle's Solaris System Administrator, and most recently HBSS. Well, the HBSS runs on Windows Server 2008 which I know absolutely nothing about. Yes, I'd like to get certification, but in my limited experience with certs, lot of what I learned isn't used. In the case of Sec+, its geared towards Windows and I use Solaris. So can someone suggest a book or a route to take to at least get familiar with Windows Server 2008?

Comments

• Options
    xbuzzxbuzz Member Posts: 122
    I'm not too sure on books, as i've just started by studies. I've found IT Free Training | Where free means free to be an excellent resource (and obvious free, as the name states). The full 70-640 isn't complete there yet, but there's alot of videos that explain server 08 very well and it would be a good place to start. I'm also watching CBTNuggets videos which seem to be well done also, but cost abit of cash.

Other than that, I have gotten the Sybex book, but haven't gotten too far into it. From what i've read in these forums, there's no one source of study that adequately covers the 70-640 exam. technet.microsoft.com seems to be the best resource (free also) for getting the most detailed information studying for the exam.
  • Options
    Lucas21Lucas21 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A similar site which has a good and complete 70-640 free course is NetworkingProgramming.com