CISSP class from Global Knowledge... reviews?

zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello all,

I'm figuring this year is a good year to start looking into going after the CISSP. But because I signed myself up for a German language class later this year I won't be able to travel much to take classes. So, I've been trying to find some CISSP training near the Kansas City area, and so far all I have found so far is Global Knowledge.

Any thoughts, reviews, suggestions, on classes? I've done a number of Cisco courses with GK back in the day and I was happy with them. Does anyone have any experiences or insight on CISSP with GK? Is it worth taking their class? Other classes you would recommend over them? Or should I just sit my butt down and read the book myself? It seems a lot of classes I've taken lately are just instructors reading slides to me. I can do that on my own, so I'm looking for a good quality course.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    I took the CISSP prep course earlier this year though GK. They do a pretty good job, and I was overall satisfied with the class. The instructor had a pretty solid background in information security with over 20 years experience... So GK definitely does a good job at selecting qualified instructors. The training material was pretty good - there were only a few semantic errors, so it was no big deal. Overall, I was pretty happy with the class (especially since my employer paid for it). Just don't go in thinking you're going to learn the CISSP material - boot camps like this are really good for getting in some extra intensive study time, not attempting to learn the CBK.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That sounds good. Thanks for the review. I'll bug my manager next week about booking that class for later this year. Thanks!
  • coolz203coolz203 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am took the CISSP self-study from GK which isn't bad.