is the Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed book enough for 640,642,646

would this book along with the trainsignal videos (and lab set up) be enough for the objectives of 640,642,646 exams?

Comments

• KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    I would add the MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit's for each test and some Technet and you should be good to go.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • CrikeyCrikey Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Microsoft books also include Measure Up practice exams and a voucher for 15% off the exam.
  • cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just picked up the Server 2008 unleashed R2 book like 2 weeks ago.

Personally I think its also lacking in some areas. it definitely help me in areas like DNS, and Windows server back up. But other areas like AD FS and LDS and RMS its lacking and I've found my self using technet more.

Its a good book, but unless you have a lot of experience with the topics you should probably be using more then 1 book or more then 1 source.

Just my 2 cents.
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    Its more then enough if you can understand everything in it icon_cool.gif I use it as a reference guide but use other books/videos to understand the topics. Combined with technet its all you need
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I read through the book for the 640 exam. It does cover material that the MS press book is light on. For these exams, it seems best to use multiple resources. I generally use the MS Press book (with a shaker of salt), technet, and usually another book.