Passed CBT CISSP yesterday.

overklokoverklok Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Finished in less than 1:45 minutes. No boot camp, no instructors. Shone Harris MP3s, CISSP passport book, CBT practice tests.

Comments

• HLRSHLRS Banned Posts: 142
    nice nice, how long did u study? months etc? seems like its not that of impossible test to pass like it used to be.
    overklok wrote: »
    Finished in less than 1:45 minutes. No boot camp, no instructors. Shone Harris MP3s, CISSP passport book, CBT practice tests.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations, overklok! That's amazing! I did the bootcamp and read a bunch of books, but it still took me about two and a half hours. You did an awesome job!

BTW, Welcome to TE! :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratz on the fast pass! :D

I typically advise people to slow down and take their time on the long, grueling exams, but blasting through it seems to be better for you.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • overklokoverklok Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have experience in the IT security field, so I did have a leg up on some of the stuff. I used to be a Netware/Windows admin, now run Solaris servers, with BigIP LTMs. I work with OCSP, SSH, PKI and VMware, so I have a broad range of knowledge with a lot of the stuff on the CISSP. I think the trickiest part of the CISSP are the layered questions. I have MCSE, many Solaris certs, and Security+, previously to the CISSP, the other tests were more technical and straight forward in the questioning. I read fast, so I expected to finish quickly and did so. I studied for a month, with 2 weeks of pure torture leading up to the test, thought I was going to s**t a hash algorithm! I did so many CBT practice tests relentlessly, taking a 250 question test was nothing. I knew the answer to about 60% immediately, 30 percent I had to think about and debate internally, 10% guessing!!! I always read the answers before the question, I think it makes for quicker test taking.
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congrats on your pass! Nice work!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!