Options

Windows 7 Sysprep

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

I have made a ghost image from a Windows 7 build and didn't run sysprep first, it was not joined to the domain so once I copied it to another machine I obviously renamed it then joined our domain

Is this going to cause any issue? It seems to be working fine up to now

Thanks

Lee

Comments

• Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Decided to sysprep my reference image anyway, wanted me to create an account on boot even though our DESKTOP account was already there, made one called DESKTOP2 and once in windows I deleted it.

Also dekstop was black and both Windows and Office 2010 were still activated!

Does this sound normal, no answer file was used for this sysprep

Cheers
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Usually Windows wants you to Sysprep the reference computer using the local Administrator account so when you generalize the machine the default Administrator account is disabled when deploying..thus when creating a new local user account during the OOBE setup the user or deployment administrator would not get a duplication prompt when trying to create that first user name. Since you used the "Desktop" user name it duplicated it when you sysprepped (this is a general behavior) This is generally what happens if you didn't use the default Administrator account when sysprepping and no answer file is used... of course in the answer file you can automate the OOBE part of creating that first username