Options

Rack rentals for Switch (& Tshoot)?

Nate--IRL--Nate--IRL-- Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
Could anybody who's used rack rentals as a means of Labbing for SWITCH give some pointers on where to go, and likely pricing? I had initially planned to buy my own equipment for SWITCH, but the costs have proved a bit prohibitive.

Also any advice on good lab material/workbooks for Switch would be appreciated.

Nate

Comments

• Options
    EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    i haven't personally used any rack time vendors but i've heard from co workers that gigavelocity.com is good its like $11 or $12 for 3 hours and if you purchase more time you get a discount
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You could try to get rack time from packetlife.net if theres an opening grab it quick its free. Or you can rent time through INE they have smaller blocks now of 2.5 hrs that you can reserve. The pricing is $100 for 100 tokens, $250 for 500 tokens 15-20 tokens per 5.5 hr session depending on the rack and $500 1000 tokens.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    IIRC, I spent about $30 for one month of "unlimited" (2hrs/day?) rental time. You don't need a SWITCH specific lab--any CCNA or CCIE lab that includes four switches of appropriate models will do. I did mine with 2 x 3550 (distribution) and 2 x 2950 (access) Catalysts. You don't really need 3560s, although it would make learning about PVLANs that much easier.

For TSHOOT? There's only one topology and it didn't take long to mimic it in GNS3.

Cisco has a free lab manual available. I suggest using that. :p