Cisco stuff to upload to this site, whats allowed?

synseqsynseq Member Posts: 123
Hey guys. Although I am new to this forum I have already recieved some help to one of the questions I have asked. I would like to return the favor. I have hundreds of ebooks on Cisco certification everything from CCNA, CCENT, CCNP, CCIE, etc. These books are by companies like Cisco Press, Sybex, O' Reiley, CBT Nuggets, etc. I also have hundreds of practice exams for Cisco certifications by some of the companies mentioned above also ***********, ********, Prova, ********, etc. Almost all of that stuff is in .pdf format. I also have software like CBT Nuggets Cisco CCNA Real World Labs, Cisco Packet Tracer, Cisco Network Magic Pro, Cisco Network academy, etc. I was curious to what, if any, of this stuff I could upload to help other users on this forum. I have lots of other stuff not listed I just listed some of the basic stuff. Thanks.
Life is not a gift for man, man is himself life, his wants and needs serve the singular purpose of existence, any man who loses sight of this and does not cherish life itself is in the hardest of ways.

Comments

• zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Well seeing how it is all copyrighted material and therefore illegal, I would assume it is safe to say none.
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    People at this site are the real deal, we earn our certs.
  • synseqsynseq Member Posts: 123
    It is not all copyrighted material. I understand what you are saying though. Many of the ebooks I recieved through SkillStorm and Robert Half Technology along with many of the practice exams. If that stuff was given to me and doesn't cost any money to the public it would be ok to upload subject of an administrators approval correct? As for the Cisco software i.e Cisco Packet Tracer, Router Sim, etc. I recieved during my Cisco Academy courses it was free to me of course but I don't know the legality of giving it to other people. I checked online and I don't see any sites selling it so I wasn't sure. I am just trying to help out here.
    Life is not a gift for man, man is himself life, his wants and needs serve the singular purpose of existence, any man who loses sight of this and does not cherish life itself is in the hardest of ways.
    rsutton wrote: »
    People at this site are the real deal, we earn our certs.

I know that is why I joined this forum. I never said otherwise.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Most (if not all) of that stuff is NOT free and CANT be distributed in the way you intend. This is not that other type of forum. Also, those asterisks you see are most likely **** style sites. You can verify if the sites are legitimate here: CertGuard | IT Certification Exam Security & Integrity
    Also you have already mentioned three sources that have been ************'ed out. Based off the content of your post I am assuming those are sites or sources that contribute to cheating and cheapening the value of the CCNA. If you are looking to just memorize enough to pass, this really isn't the place for you. There sit is full of hundreds of industry professionals and man, many more who aspire to be one and are doing it the right way by actually learning, labbing, and asking for help. If that is what you are looking for, forget all that stuff, you won't need it. If you are just looking for a pass and don't care about looking like an ass fumbling around on your first day of work trying to figure out how to get into privileged mode, this isn't really the place for you. Sorry, but cheating and piracy really strike a nerve with me. If you are trying to do it the honest and legit way, then welcome, if not then ...... fill in the blank.
    I don't plan on posting pirated material. I've been working in the IT field since 2002. A lot of these companies will provide free training and free resources. I don't plan on just memorizing enough to get a pass. I have every intention of doing it the honest and legit way. I've been using computers and interested in the IT field since I was 13. I never meant to imply otherwise. I would like to post some stuff I'll verify it's not copyrighted and everything. I hope you guys didn't get the wrong impression. I should've paid closer attention to what I was posting. My apologies.
    No problem, is those are your intentions then I am sure you will be fine. Just remember, regardless of how you got it, if it is commercial material (Sybex, Cisco Press, CBT Nuggets, etc.), you can't post them here.
    zrockstar wrote: »
    No problem, is those are your intentions then I am sure you will be fine. Just remember, regardless of how you got it, if it is commercial material (Sybex, Cisco Press, CBT Nuggets, etc.), you can't post them here.

Understood. :)
    I noticed there is not a lot of material on the Cisco CCENT certification. I have some CCENT notes I got off cisco a couple years ago. They are not copyrighted and freely available to the public. Who do I talk to about uploading them to the site that way people on this forum can use them if they need to.
    synseq wrote: »
    I noticed there is not a lot of material on the Cisco CCENT certification. I have some CCENT notes I got off cisco a couple years ago. They are not copyrighted and freely available to the public. Who do I talk to about uploading them to the site that way people on this forum can use them if they need to.

I would just create a new thread with the notes much like mine is in my signature. If a lot of people use it it can become a sticky.
    zrockstar wrote: »
    I would just create a new thread with the notes much like mine is in my signature. If a lot of people use it it can become a sticky.

I would but its 171 pages of notes. Provided how many characters are allowed per post it could be one massive thread.