Bought a new Switch for home...

deth1kdeth1k Member Posts: 312
Hey guys,

For those of you who are looking at buying a small home switch (not lab use) and want a decent throughput i.e line rate 1Gbps have a look at TP-LINK SG1005D this is a 5 port model (also comes in 8 and 16). Just blasted it with Spirent tester at work using 200 flows 64 byte UDP (4 ports plugged into tester) tested full mesh got 4Gig full duplex with 0% loss running at 100%.

Though i'd share this, nice and cheap product :)

Comments

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have no idea what you just said. But it was the more beautiful thing I've ever read.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice! I need to upgrade my 8 port from 10/100 to Gigabit in the future. I've been unimpressed by Netgear, D-Link, and Linksys.
  • TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    I just bought one of these in June. It was the only 5 port switch for $20 I could find on that day. Nice to hear it performs well!
  • deth1kdeth1k Member Posts: 312
    Nice! I need to upgrade my 8 port from 10/100 to Gigabit in the future. I've been unimpressed by Netgear, D-Link, and Linksys.

Worth a try mate, it's very cheap and surprisingly enough does what it says on the tin 1Gig switch to be exact, did i mention 5W of power use at max? :P I wasn't expecting anything near a gig out of it to be fair, outperforms some major players in the networking world in terms of loss when tested using Spirent :D
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You'd be surprised how many cisco switches fail the load test with the Spirent tester.
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    That's impressive for the price. I'll definitely look into one if I need a home switch in the near future.