Options

Advice for GSLC Exam Prep

schwankstaschwanksta Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I attended a SANS training a few months ago and am preparing to take my certification exam for Security Leadership (GSLC). I've read and re-read the material, and I feel I am fairly familiar with it. I'll be taking practice exams in about two-weeks. Is there anything else I should be doing to prepare? Since the test is open book, should I make an index of the books in order to speed up seaches during the examination itself?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Options
    BillHooBillHoo Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes. It is generally advised to make an index prior to taking the exam.

I've registered for the SANS Security Leadership Essentials for Managers course coming up first week in September.

I wish they would get us the books in advance so I can start indexing, but I heard from a neighbor who recently prepared for the GSEC that they give you the books when you arrive.

I have not yet registered for the GSLC exam. Is it a better idea to take it immediately after the course or wait a while? I have a feeling it will take considerable time to index the books.
  • Options
    Psyco32Psyco32 Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    YES. Definitely index your books (Do a search in the forums if you don't know how to create an index). Creating the index also re-enforces your learning of the material. The goal is to be able to understand and then apply the material to the test questions without using the books. However, since there is so much material you might not be able to remember some things in a timely manner (Timed test...). Also, SANS test writers have the habit of coming up some of the most obscure things from the course material that are buried so deep in the books that you swear you have never ever seen the info before. You shouldn't see too many of those types of questions but just be aware. Good luck!!!
    2014 GOALS
    > GMOB [MAR_2014] OSCP [MAY_2014] GREM [OCT_2014]
  • Options
    cese59cese59 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone have an index they can share already or at least provide the urls to the forums that might assist?

I'm new to this process so I appreciate the help.