Cisco 2911's

joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to order a couple Cisco 2911's with the security bundle for our network at work. I've researched backwards, forewards, sideways, and every way in-between to make sure they meet my needs for security, remote access, dmz, expandibility, etc. Since I know there are a bunch of cisco guys here, any feedback on these before I approve the order would be really helpful. I know you can't tell me if they'll be what I need (since you don't know all my requirements) but just if you think they are good units overall and your thoughts or experiences on them would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Depends, just ensure you get the correct licenses that you will need to run the feature set you want. If you are unsure your cisco partner should be teaming you up with a sales engineer to ensure you purchase the right gear. These arent like the 28xx where you could just buy one and find a copy of the IOS you were looking for.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea, I think I'm good on licenses, I placed the order yesterday afternoon. I'm excited, can't wait to start playing with these things!