Advice for labbers studying......

iwannaknowITiwannaknowIT Member Posts: 111
I just had to share this one.....I'm labbing and brushing up for my ICND2 and I have a 3 router-3 switch OSPF setup going(Packet Tracer).....All connections green,but no adjacencies for my R3(192.168.0.62/26) and I'm head scratching trying to go back over my steps,when it hit me!! This is what your training for dummy!!! After a few show commands(ip ospf neighbor,ip route,ip ospf database,etc....) i found out that i rushed and forgot to set a clockrate for my DCE end....I kinda got geeked b/c as simple as it was,my figure SHOWED that all was green and should have been fuctional,until I saw an UP/DOWN serial 0/0/0 status......Take your time guysicon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Comments

• sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    I always use show ip int brief command when something doesn't work. It usually gives enough information to find the problem.
  • iwannaknowITiwannaknowIT Member Posts: 111
    sratakhin wrote: »
    I always use show ip int brief command when something doesn't work. It usually gives enough information to find the problem.

I'll add that to the think-tank
    Thnx....................
    But I ended up doing "sh int s0/0/0" and realized that no clock rate was configured on DCE cable,but just seeing all green on my diagrams was very misleading(green means "go" for the packets). This just made me pay a bit more attention to my lab setups......I'll take any and ALL learning experiences with Cisco