Skillsoft Cisco and MS Training - Army Knowledge Online

Brain_PowerBrain_Power Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 163
I wanted to remind my fellow TE members serving in the military that AKO has a wide assortment of free Skillsoft training. Every vendor you can think of is listed and the training is free. I have been using the CCNA Security modules. There is interactive testing after each training module.

Go to AKO main page --> My Education --> Army E-Learning --> Skillsoft Skillport --> Catalog --> IT Professional Certifications --> Cisco, Microsoft, etc...

This training cost thousands in the private sector and is free to military. I plan on utilizing this all the way to CCNP and CCNP Security modules. Always nice to to have a visual and audio aid in the learning process.

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This training cost thousands in the private sector and is free to military.

This training is also "free" to alumni from Western Governors University and I am using Skillsoft for my 35 hour contact hours for PMP.

(I put "free" in parenthesis because my tuition did pay for Skillsoft as a student. However the access does not go away when one completes a program at WGU.) The cost of PMP contact hours could have been a couple of hundred or a couple of thousand...so this was such a sweet benefit to me now that I'm ready for PMP certification.

Thank you for your service.
  • nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    Don't forget free access to Safari Books online also, with some download tokens thrown in for good measure.
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 896 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This is true. I have Safari access through the Navy. Great resource. Also gives tokens to download the books (though I've never utilized it).
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    I wanted to remind my fellow TE members serving in the military that AKO has a wide assortment of free Skillsoft training. Every vendor you can think of is listed and the training is free. I have been using the CCNA Security modules. There is interactive testing after each training module.

Go to AKO main page --> My Education --> Army E-Learning --> Skillsoft Skillport --> Catalog --> IT Professional Certifications --> Cisco, Microsoft, etc...

This training cost thousands in the private sector and is free to military. I plan on utilizing this all the way to CCNP and CCNP Security modules. Always nice to to have a visual and audio aid in the learning process.

Agreed, I'm using US Army Skillport to prepare for CISSP.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown