Options

Passed ROUTE

reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
Good evening everyone. Passed ROUTE this morning by a decent margin. On to TSHOOT! Seriously though, I thought ROUTE was pretty fair. Although, I would encourage anyone studying for it to make sure you have a good grasp of most everything on the test objectives. The test touched everything, and not just the piddly stuff. I used the following study materials:

- CBT Nuggets
- FLG
- OCG

The FLG was my main source and was a great (multiple) read, lol. Odom's book just didn't do it for me because his writing style makes me fall asleep. The FLG however, was a more conversational read and really helped in understanding the underlying concepts. CBT Nuggets (as always) is a good intro to each concept, but falls short on some of the details.
Reloaded~4~Ever

Comments

• Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    Congrats on the pass!!

I agree that CBT is a great intro to engage you in new concepts, but that you really have to follow up with details from books or elsewhere.

Good luck and have fun studying for TSHOOT!
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    Congrats! You are right about CBT Nuggets but reading book become so easy for me after watching those videos..
    All the best with your next exam and hope you will be a CCNP soon!
  • Options
    waragiwaragi Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations ! , route is not a easy beast.
    what would you say are the most difficult topics in route in order of difficulty?
    possibly ospf , Bgp , eigrp?.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats!!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    waragi wrote: »
    Congratulations ! , route is not a easy beast.
    what would you say are the most difficult topics in route in order of difficulty?
    possibly ospf , Bgp , eigrp?.

Thanks! You know, I'm not sure there is a specific order of difficulty with these protocols. However, I think OSPF is more in depth (in terms of CCNP material), especially the NBMA types, the LSA types, and DR/BDR details. It took me using GNS3 to actually see how "path control" actually works, which really helps if you're a visual learner like me. So I'd say have a good feel for everything, especially because the protocols are so much different than each other.
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    Congrats on the pass. Good luck on Tshoot.
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great Job, congrats! I hope to join the Route Passed club soon as well! :) I am also using the same study materials you are using so its good to know I am using good stuff :) Keep pushing! You are almost there!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi