Options

How much would you pay this guy

Hi guys , small question , I am currently doing ccna voice and ccna security , what can I expect to get out of this after I am done and get certified , that will make me a ccna , ccna security and ccna voice . I just want to make sure that I am going the right way , or should I go to ccnp , I heard that the ccnp without real world experience is worst .
What do you think ?
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Finish the CCNA then worry about added the Sec and Voice. Sounds to me that your planning very far in advance, which is a good thing but my advise is if you have a IT job look for ways to advance there as well. New York has tons of great IT jobs after you get your CCNA I would start applying and see what you can get.
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hi guys , small question , I am currently doing ccna voice and ccna security , what can I expect to get out of this after I am done and get certified , that will make me a ccna , ccna security and ccna voice . I just want to make sure that I am going the right way , or should I go to ccnp , I heard that the ccnp without real world experience is worst .
    What do you think ?
    Thank you

Cisco's published median stats show--
    CCNA + CCNA Security = CCNA + $2,000/yr
    CCNA + CCNA Voice = CCNA + $4,000/yr
    This makes sense, because after you obtain a CCNA, what you are primarily missing to be more attractive to employers is experience and education. If you can't obtain an acceptable job with only a CCNA, this is a good path. Otherwise, well, go get your hands dirty. :)
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    An online salary calculator estimates $50k for NYC if the role requires CCNA Voice.
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    With no experience or degree I wouldn't expect to make much, especially if that post is an accurate example of your writing.
  • Options
    luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    Akaricloud , my first language is not English , I would like to see you learning my language in a short time to see how well you will be in a year.
  • Options
    To the rest of the guys , thank you very much , I was thinking to enroll with WGU , so ,I thing that will be the best way to go , finish that education while still be able to obtain some certifications and maybe a job . thank you guys.
  • Options
    thronetmthronetm Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Akaricloud , my first language is not English , I would like to see you learning my language in a short time to see how well you will be in a year.

What is your first language? If you don't mind me asking

Also I doubt he would go on minimum wage but it may not be much higher than that
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    @LFCgeorge - I think I remember the OP mentioning he was Cuban before. Not 100% sure
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Best indication are job sites really .. Just look through them and see what they offer ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    Iristheangel, yes hon, I am cuban. the English is killing me but I am getting better every other day .
  • Options
    No worries, Luber. My mother and her family were immigrants and it took them awhile to adjust. They don't even have accents now. It gets better.

Also, being bilingual might help you in a lot of jobs out there. Keep your head up!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    Iristheangel , thank you very much , seriously , you always give good positive advice , if you listen to me talking you would be shock , my main problem is writing , but lets see . Iristheangel this IT world sometimes is so hard to really know which path to take , sometimes I think is better to go the cisco way and sometimes the Microsoft way , I just want a chance to brake in , just trying to find the best way , once I am in, I will know what I want , but for know I am trying to find something that employers will like .What do you say , after ccna what? I am enrolling with WGU by the end of the year , I see more and more job demanding education along with the certifications . but I will really love to find a job or an internship while I am in WGU that way when I am done I will have few years experience .
  • Options
    AHHH by the way guys I am done with ICND2 I pass it with 100% ahhh no braindump, just study very hard , labs, cbt nuggets , trainsignal , and alot alot reading .
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    congratulations Luberguilarte. Now add that to your certifications on the side :P
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I don't know much about New York pay rates. Do you have an working network experience? if the answer is no I would expect to aim for a entry level job and in VA where I am that could be like 12-15/hr give or take. If you have network experience I think the rates around here for entry level to mid network guys are about 30-40/hr give or take...that is my 2 cents icon_thumright.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    It really depends what you enjoy doing, Luber. Microsoft stuff if easy enough for me to study but if I had to do system admin work for the rest of my life, I'd be miserable. Networking, on the other hand, turned out to be an unexpected surprise. I love it! You just have to get a feel for what you like to do and go for it. It might require you getting a system admin job to later realize you don't like it or a jr. network engineer job, only to find out you hate working with networking equipment. To each their own! Good luck!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938

Your english is good for only having been exposed to it for a year but if you're applying for jobs requiring talking/writing in English then it will still hold you back.

I would highly suggest you go for the WGU degree. It will help a lot with your career as well as give you a much more solid base of the professional writing in English.
  • Options
    Thanks to all of you guys , very helpfull info , I really appreciated the time you took to answer my questions , thanks again.
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Good luck :) As Iris pointed out, don't be afraid to explore and you may never know what you like. I am the opposite of her- I enjoy managing systems, epsecially virtualization, tuning them, etc. I hate any advanced networking and could care less about it tbh. :) Anything beyond checking routing tables, some basic network commands- I am out on.
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel