Options

All Access Pass - Cisco Training Videos at INE

Brain_PowerBrain_Power Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 163

Comments

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    INE? Sure, most people on the CCIE track have tried them out and found them helpful. Are you asking whether an All-Access pass is worth the money compared to their other offerings? That depends on your certification goals, budget, and timeline.

I mean, a one-month all-access pass is $160, while unlimited, forever access to their CCNA Security materials costs $200. If you must pass your exam in two weeks and the plan to start on your CCNP Security, the All-Access pass makes more sense. If you plan to take your test in a couple months, then buying the CCNA Security materials makes more sense. As with most major purchases, understanding your needs is most likely to lead to a purchase you're satisfied with.
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    One thing to consider is that you don't get download access to videos with the AAP without an extra cost. If you are online 24x7 that might not matter but I like to dl videos so I can watch them on my commute.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    SettSett Member Posts: 187
    The ultimate CCIE resource that INE offer are their workbooks. The ATC videos are also nice, but they are more of an addition, not a "must have". If you are after CCIE, I'd suggest to purchase at least vol.1 and 2 and the ATC videos. Or check some of the bundles they offer. The point is that you can't pass CCIE by only watching videos.
    Non-native English speaker
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I'm a subscriber to the AAP, and I can say it's pretty good material. A subscription gives you all the workbooks at a steep discount (for R&S, it's 300 bucks).

The way to figure it is like this - look at their bundles, and see what's offered. Then figure out what it would take to add what videos are missing, along with any workbooks to complete the set.

After that, it's simple math to calculate your break even point. When I calculated mine, I believe it was 10 months, as long as I passed the exam in that time frame, I would have saved money as compared to buying an all inclusive bundle. The faster you do it, the better a deal the AAP is. Of course, INE is gambling that most CCIE candidates are going to take longer than their break even point, and thereby the subscription model will net them more money off the candidate in the long run (so far I'm over my break even point by 2 months, so I gambled incorrectly).

At any rate, you've got to figure out what's right for you. Unless you're actually going for the CCIE, I wouldn't bother with the AAP. Purchase the course for whatever cisco cert you're going after next, take the download, and watch at your leisure. If you are going for the CCIE, the more info, the better, and I would recommend the AAP, but you've got to be able to do your own cost-benefit analysis on what's right for you.

One warning, if you do sign up for the AAP, you cannot cancel online, you will have to call their sales department. And, them being sales people, are going to do their damndest to keep you subscribed. Some folks don't like the idea of that kind of confrontation, so just wanted to forewarn you.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    +1 for the all access pass.

I have used it for voice, but whenever some new deployment is needed (multicast, DMVPN) I have used the videos to at least get a idea of whats going on. The videos are usually my starting point before reading and labbing. Well worth the money and I write it off on taxes anyway.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm a subscriber to the AAP, and I can say it's pretty good material. A subscription gives you all the workbooks at a steep discount (for R&S, it's 300 bucks).
    Well damn. Wish I had known that instead of buying both at the same time.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    Brain_PowerBrain_Power Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 163
    I purchased the all access pass from INE and very satisfied! Not sure if everyone knows, but next to video selection there is an area called course files, which includes course slides in pdf. I just let the videos play and absorb the info. Haha! Definitely a key tool in my Cisco journey!
  • Options
    nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261

Can you confirm that this is still true?

Thanks, just want to make sure before I drop my money.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If you want confirmation you should call and ask INE. No one better to verify than the actual people that are going to sell it to you.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Yes, that's still true. You get 50% off on each download that you want to purchase while you have the AAP. The workbooks qualify as well.
  • Options
    trikitriki Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    INE aap is the best investment I made towards my Cisco career what I am loving is that aap member have access to the live CCIE Data center nexus boot camp