Options

Need Advice for passing the 70-680 Certification!

MarquiseMarquise Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I'm new to techexams, but I really need some advice. I've recently passed my A+ certification two weeks ago now, I'm working on the MCTS 70-680. I wanna know what resources should I use to be fully prepared for the exam? Right now im using the Don Poulton book and professormesser vidoes. If anyone passed this this cert can you please put me on the right path. I'm currently 21 staying in Washington D.C. My career goal is to be some type of administrator, I really don't know what IT position I wanna go for because its just so many.

Thanks ALOT!!!

Comments

• Options
    kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Download and install VirtualBox and install Windows 7 on it. Labbing with the book and videos is pretty much required with this cert. I would also create a bunch of flash cards and take a lot of notes. Don't be fooled by the fact its a OS certification. It's one of the hardest out there without proper preparation.
    WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
    Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • Options
    MarquiseMarquise Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks alot for the advice. Im gonna put it into play right now. Im on the deploying chapter in it's just spinning my head around.
  • Options
    embraceITembraceIT Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think you will find the "sticky folders" that are listed at the top of this forum have a fantastic amount of online resource material. The 70-680 exam objectives requires more than a superficial rote memory of Windows 7 facts. Rather, you have to demonstrate understanding of a wide range of Windows 7 subject areas -- some in considerable detail. I used the Poulton book and Messer's videos too -- and barely passed. What helped me get into the winners circle was referring again and again to contents in the sticky folders.

In my opinion, the Poulton book's treatment of Windows 7 deployment left me confused. You'll find more than you need (and want to know at this time) about deployment in the 70-181 sticky folder. As you seem to like videos, here is the 1st of four microsoft videos that walk you step-by-step though the methods and tools the 70-680 will test you on. Deploy Windows 7 Watch the 4 videos -- #2 through #4 being the most enlightening -- and then return to the Poulton book. Windows 7 distribution may come together a lot better conceptually. Then get familiar with the imagex and dism programs, and their associated parameters. Then you'll likely ace all distribution questions you are presented with in your exam.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Vee AchusVee Achus Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I studied 70 686 partly wit about 3-4 680 books. I had 65 questions mostly on install and deployment
  • Options
    EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    if you can get a copy of the 70-680 course from CBT Nuggets. I've used them for every certification i have. as for my experiences with the test, i took the 70-682/MCITP upgrade test so only have of the over all exam was the 70-680 from what i can remember it was mainly install/deployment and new features
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.