give user permission to use device manager?

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
Is this possible? can I add a user to a local group or something that will allow them to disable/enable a device in device manager?

Comments

• jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    First Google hit. But it looks like you can only allow this for specific devices (might be wrong tho).
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    it will end badly ...
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    lol, I know, but for some reason, the user's microphone doesnt work whenever its plugged in. the solution is disabling and re-enabling the device, but as you can imagine, he has to take out the headphones when he leaves the office, plug them back in, and call a tech to do it again...

Also, on a different issue, I have a drive with 2 partitions, C and D. D currently is system, active, primary, while c has everything else. I want to put everything on C, making it the only partition. Ive done some googling, it looks like users can use the windows recovery disk, but we dont use/have one. Ideas? I know I can mark it active, but i need to make the C drive the system drive.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    we had that issue when we used usb headsets ... my ans. is get the one with 2 3.5mm audio jacks
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers: