Failed CCNA today

kweevusskweevuss Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
I went and took my CCNA today, I got a 700 out of 815 of passing. I know what I need to work on though, and I'm going to try it again once I got on christmas break from college. I'm not sure exactly what made it so hard, but the practice tests I took I was getting passing grades in the areas that I did bad on the test in. But I did just see a topic on the forum that you can get your second test at 50% off which will be really nice.

I was kinda used to the Comptia tests, this one was harder and I was trying to squeeze it in 3 months before I went to college, but oh well I need to learn from my mistakes.

Im not letting this bother me and I'm going to go at it twice as hard next time!

Comments

• NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sounds like you know what to do
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Sorry to hear about the fail. The Cisco tests are definitely harder than the CompTIA exams. At least you now know where your weaknesses are.

Maybe you should take it again sooner rather than later, this way all the information will still be fresh.

Good luck on your next try.
  • ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    I wouldnt wait until December to retake it. You'll run the risk of losing the knowledge you've already gained. I'd study hard now, keep the momentum you have, focus on what you did poorly on and retake the exam in a week or two.
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Don't wait until christmas. That's a long many months away. If you know what you're weakest at - keep pounding away at the drum.

I'd recommend buying Boson's ExamSim at this point. It helps. it's what I did to find my weak areas, and to rectify them.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• kweevusskweevuss Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok I didn't schedule anything yet, that does sound like a better idea taking it a little sooner. I'm going to check out techexams for its practice tests, and is there any other recourses that would be good to study from? I'm not of course blaming it all on my study materials that I used this time around, but I think I need some other recourses
    See my post. It has simulators as a test questions, it's pretty much the same thing but without the same questions. It's pretty good at what it does.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

I will look into it. The only thing is I got a perfect on the labs, it seems like that simulations are my kind of thing lol. Its more of the networking questions I don't get.
    It helps ironing out those as well. :)

• snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wouldn't wait that long to re take the test. I failed the first time and took the exam again after two weeks of cramming my weak points. Passed with flying colors the second time around.

Good luck.
  • DarthVaderDarthVader Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with the previous posters. I would go for it again in a few weeks, don't wait too long!
    Good Luck!!!!
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Chin up!

A: You now have the experience of sitting the test, so no nerves next time!

B: You know where you need to focus

And most importantly, do NOT wait..stay focused here and move forward. Study on the weak points and hammer it home in 2-3wks.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    Did you take the composite exam or were you going to two test route? If you took the composite you might think about doing the two test route instead of doing just one.

Keep studying, and like people said, it's probably better to do it sooner rather than later.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
    I did do the composite exam. The reason I did it was because it was less questions overall. And I was also worried about what subjects would be on the first test, and what would be on the second. Is there anywhere that it will easily say this?
  • ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    kweevuss wrote: »
    I did do the composite exam. The reason I did it was because it was less questions overall. And I was also worried about what subjects would be on the first test, and what would be on the second. Is there anywhere that it will easily say this?

Look at the test objectives on Cisco's website, they clearly state what is on each exam. If you're using the official cert guides from Cisco Press, those books are also designed for each individual test.
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA