Just passed ICND2!

The IT GuyThe IT Guy Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Just Passed ICND2 with an 848 on my second attempt. I failed my first attempt last week due to the fact I was just too slow. The exam timed out on me with like 6 or 7 questions left. There were no issues with the exam ; I was just too slow. I got so used to sitting at my home lab and taking my sweet ol' time. I overlooked the fact that it was a timed exam and quickly realized that I was not as prepared as I thought. My weak areas were not the material or concepts, but understanding what the scenarios wanted me to produce. I also cannot subnet well in my head, but can do so with a pen and pad. To overcome these two issues, I hit the search button and found one member who recommended Jeremy C's Exam (Cram) Practice questions. I picked it up on my kindle and went to work. The wording and level of difficulty is on par with that of the exam in my opinion. I used this to help me get my time down and I think it helped.

The second attempt seemed a bit more difficult in relation to content. I rushed through the exam (Not recommended) out of fear of what happened last week. I finished with plenty of time to spare but I think I would have gotten a much better score if I had not rushed through the exam like that.

I prepared for the CCNA in a composite manner but took the two exam route because I'm not fast at subnetting . I passed ICND1 two weeks ago on my first attempt. *see my other post

I just started CCNP (Route) and will be revamping my frame-relay setup to support multi-area Stub/TS/NSSA OSPF labs.

Study Materials:
CBT Nuggets ICND1/ICND2 *Jeremy Cioara
CCNA exam (Prep) *Jeremy Cioara
CCNA exam (Cram) Practice Questions *Jeremy Cioara
Cisco Press CCNA portable command guide

Home Lab:

(1) 3825,
(5) 2600’s
(2) 3750G’s
(3)3560G’s
(1)2960
(3) 2950’s
(1)2511RJ terminal server

Comments

• X10MMXX10MMX Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats... past mine a few weeks ago... its a good feeling icon_cheers.gif
  • Brain_PowerBrain_Power Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 163
    Congratz!!! Start studying for your next cert as soon as possible to keep your momentum!
  • j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Congrats!

I'm hoping to wrap up my ICND2 in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to get this beast done.
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Major congrats!
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for posting all the helpful info!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • kweevusskweevuss Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I think I will be checking out that study tool you had.
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! Good luck with your CCNP, keep us updated.
  • The IT GuyThe IT Guy Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone. I'm currently watching CCNP (Route) CBT nuggets before I tear into the FLG and OCG.