Options

N+ Voucher Redemption Nightmare [UPDATE]

PacoL250PacoL250 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
UPDATE: Issue is all set, but mods may want to keep this up for people who have/had the same issue. I posted a reply to my post explaining it.
I need to rant and get some advice. allout.gif

Long story short: I purchased a N+ certification prep kit that came with a voucher for the exam and now it turns out, I can't even redeem the voucher. Turns out that my-certifications.com no longer does redemptions for CompTIA or ProMetric and now I'm out $247.Another thing: I purchased the kit/voucher combo from CompTIA's marketplace and now suddenly, that product is no longer available. That's fine I suppose, but what's really annoying me is now that CompTIA is a bit clueless into what's going on. PearsonVUE proctors the exams now, but they have no idea as to what could be going on. After a good 40 minutes of going back and forth, I finally had somebody seemingly competent email me about the issue, and I emailed her and called her back with more details.

This is the order of what I got:

The exam voucher (with code marked out; read details and you'll get it a bit more):

And the web site that no longer exists and the redirection they give me doesn't work either:

So at this point, I can't even get a ProMetric code to redeem with PearsonVUE (because they say they'll honor them) and I'm waiting to hear back from CompTIA, but this really is ticking me off and distracting me from my studying. Not to mention I'm out $247...Any ideas/suggestions/etc.?

Comments

• Options
    PacoL250PacoL250 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So in going back and forth with CompTIA, my-certifications.com (GenuineGenius), and actually AXZO themselves, it looks like I've got a solution.

First, I learned I'm not the only one (thank goodness) with this issue. Anybody who purchased the item I did is/was in the same boat. Second, after GenuineGenius let me know that they no longer work with AXZO to redeem these vouchers, they let me know that they were going to contact AXZO to get this cleared up (as the whole voucher problem was technically AXZO's problem).

On a desperate whim, I called AXZO, and after some explaining, they were able to send me over a voucher via email. All they needed to confirm was the item number on the order and the actual order number itself.

Long story short, AXZO fixed the issue and sent me a valid PearsonVUE voucher via e-mail (though at first it ended up in my spam folder).

If anybody else has/had this issue, call AXZO and bug 'em!. :D
  • Options
    killuminati1987killuminati1987 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I bought my voucher directly from CompTIA, but I gotta say, I'm glad you resolved the issue. I know if that happened to me, it would ruin my entire day, if not a couple days. I'd be so angry I wouldn't even be able to look at my study materials. lol
  • Options
    glenn_33glenn_33 Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Same thing happened with me back in July. It took me literally 3 phone calls and a bunch of angry emails to finally get a refund for my N+.
    A+/N+/S+/CCNA:RS/CCNA:Sec