Certification Kit

synseqsynseq Member Posts: 123
Hello. I was looking for some advice on what certification kit to buy from Cisco Certification: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, used Cisco router, Cisco switch, Cisco routers.. I read the descriptions on a lot of them and I was thinking about getting the cumstom ccna kit which comes with:

Two 2610 32/8 Routers (can be upgraded)
Two 2950-24 switches (can be upgraded)
Two WIC-1T Serial Modules

Two Ethernet Patch Cables
One Ethernet Crossover Cable
One DB60 to DB60 Back to Back Serial Cable
One Console Cable Kit
Four Power Cables
One Training CD

It's a $309.00 package. I was wanting to hear from people with experience and have taken one of the Cisco exams and see what you might recommend. I was hoping one of the cheaper certification kits would work but in any case if it helps me get the certification it is money well spent. I noticed the cheaper kits do not come with a switch. How important is it to get one of those along with the router(s)? Here is the link: CCNA Certification Kits I appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks icon_cool.gif
Life is not a gift for man, man is himself life, his wants and needs serve the singular purpose of existence, any man who loses sight of this and does not cherish life itself is in the hardest of ways.

Comments

• mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    you can get 2950's on ebay for like 40 bucks ea w/ shipping.

2600's routers are pretty cheap too, definitely under 50.

+ wic-1t and you're looking at about $220 worth of ebay-ing effort. maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.

So, is the extra cables, training CD's, and time saved by not having to ebay worth $80 bucks? =) only you can decide for yourself!
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I find their prices to pretty much fall inline with ebay listings. The thing that I like about the site, they give the IOS disks, labs and a few other goodies with it.

Im sure if you shop around you can get steals though. But I'd be unsure of some of the ebay postings as not every post includes "All lights turn green" or the IOS number - which may be older than dirt.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams