Patch Panel termination & dressing example

mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
Cat 6 amazing dressing and termination - YouTube

WOW O_O!!!

damn, that's really really... sexy... haha, yes i'm a nerd...
Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
Future: CCNP, CCIE

Comments

• oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    :o
    Imagine if one cable didn't work :s!
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If one doesn't work, use a splitter.

They're not meant to move. They plug right into the patch panel... That's where the mess happens, because cables may not work, switches my go bad, ports may need to be changed.

Moving computers around + Too many Patch panels + Not enough switches = A mess.

That is neat though. I would like to see cables like that ran.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Simply beautiful, I love doing proper cable management. Wouldn't want to do it full time though because it wears me out after a while. Especially when cleaning up 10x10 server rooms sitting in the same windowless room for 12+ hours straight, starts to make me claustrophobic.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's when you pull out some speakers and blast Disturbed.

Just saying- Best installation ever.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Piece of art. I can't believe so many haters posted stupid comments.
  • inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Inspirational, just stunning, simply superb, don’t even pay no never mind to any haters. Those who say, I would have done it wireless, welltheir information may be able to put into a public cloud also.
  • lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    That's some beautiful work they did. I've seen tools to get it packed like that but it always starts to get to be a little bit of a mess at the patch panels. I wonder how they got it done like that and if it's that neat all the way back to the equipment.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thats just in to the back of patch panels.. So wall plug to panel cableing

any decent cable guy will do a neat an tidy job like that. If a contractor I had employed to cable a building left it in a lesser state than that I would not be impressed.

If that was front of panel to server/switch then I would be impressed, but for what it is I would stay its a standard install. In fact if any thing some of them cable ties look a bit tight and pinching the cable insulation.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best I have ever seen. A true work of art. What company or individual was responsible for this?
  • mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    If that was front of panel to server/switch then I would be impressed

Here you go!

Panduit Patch Panels - YouTube
    disc: I'm not affiliated with Panduit and not advertising them, I'm sure other vendors also provide similar solutions.

But yea, It's an instructional advertisement this time. However, still counts as a pretty impressive front side cable management. Sure did impress me the first time seeing patch connections so neat and tidy!
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I know one of the guys that installed some of the equipment in to Maclarans headquarters near working UK. I actuly applied for a job there a few years back.

there every cable had to be cut to length and tided down with ties. He said it was the most exact cabling job he had ever seen in his 20+ years working as a network install engineer.

I once spent a weekend recabling 4 racks to be nice and tidy, 2 months later they had trashed it again!! :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hope all those cables are certified!!! lol