CCNP switch is scheduled

GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
After thinking too much for my next certificate, finally i have decided and scheduled CCNP switch for 5 October. I was about to go for CCNA:Sec but i feel CCNP will contribute a better future for me.

wish me luck...

material bought today :

CCNP Switch Simplified

Cisco CCNP SWITCH Simplified: Paul Browning,Farai Tafa: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Comments

• drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
  • MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    All the best with it.
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck man!
    That is one poorly constructed exam icon_sad.gif

I'm not familiar with the book you bought, but I'd suggest getting at least one other study resource. The SWITCH OCG is supposed to be ok (if you complement it with the author's site Ponder the Network (and other things) It also has the added benfit of including a cd with decent practice exams. Hucaby is an excellent writer. I used his BCMSN OCG, and it was great.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'll be scheduling mine soon as well. Be sure to check out the thread I started for tips for the CCNP Switch exam, there is a lot of really good advice!

I've heard FLG Switch is better than OCG, but I'm in no position to say which is better, (haven't read OCG). From what I understand FLG might be better for those new to CCNP, but OCG is probably good enough if you are re-certifying or have a good amount of switching experience, (again, this is just what I've read). Reading both probably would not be a bad idea at all.

Good luck!
  • GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
    thanks for the good wishes :) I will write here my further process or questions :) And, astrogeek; I wish you luck too :)
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Good luck.. I have both the FLG and OCG for switch, and I prefer the OCG. I didn't like the way the FLG was written, it didn't seem like there was a good flow to it.. probably because it had like 3 authors. I like the OCG for switch, and the FLG for route.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi