Options

Can someone tell me what terminal program is on this youtube video?

synseqsynseq Member Posts: 123
Right now I'm using putty. It's pretty nice it has telnet, ssh, etc. but it's pretty plain. I am looking for a nicer terminal program with a cooler look. Anyway, can you tell me what terminal program is being used on this youtube video:

RIP Beginner lab in GNS3 - YouTube

Thanks!
Life is not a gift for man, man is himself life, his wants and needs serve the singular purpose of existence, any man who loses sight of this and does not cherish life itself is in the hardest of ways.

Comments

• Options
    boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't see anything special about that program that you can't do with PuTTY (granted, I didn't watch the whole video, but i skimmed it). What specifically do you like about it?
  • Options
    Oh nothing special I just like the color scheme that's all.
    Life is not a gift for man, man is himself life, his wants and needs serve the singular purpose of existence, any man who loses sight of this and does not cherish life itself is in the hardest of ways.
  • Options
    You can do all kinds of colors in PuTTY. Just navigate to Window -> Colours in the options.

I do this at work actually, because we have two SSH Proxy servers. I color the text green on one and blue on the other so I can tell them apart at a glance when I have multiple sessions open.
  • Options
    dpjackal89dpjackal89 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am just guessing but that looks like Guake terminal for linux. Whatever terminal it is he's definitely running linux though.
  • Options
    Edit: I got it working. The only problem is the moment you close putty the settings revert back to the original color schemes.
    You can do all kinds of colors in PuTTY. Just navigate to Window -> Colours in the options.

I do this at work actually, because we have two SSH Proxy servers. I color the text green on one and blue on the other so I can tell them apart at a glance when I have multiple sessions open.
  • Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looks like a regular old stock linux terminal to me.
  • Options
    dpjackal89dpjackal89 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's definitely Guake for linux. No doubt about it.
  • Options
    synseq wrote: »
    Edit: I got it working. The only problem is the moment you close putty the settings revert back to the original color schemes.
    You can save your connection settings. If you want to make using your color scheme the default, click back to Session, click Default Settings, and click save. You can also define other connections if there are host names or IP addresses you always use, by typing their name in the box below Saved Sessions and clicking save. For example, you could have something like this:

ISog5.png

Then all you'd have to do is double click one of those options to automatically launch that connection.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was going to say you can set putty to default to green on black :)

Is the first thing i do with any terminal program i use. Find it so much easier to read.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.